CORPORATE BORROWER EXPERIENCE
VP Corporate Finance, PAETEC Communications (‘06-’12) - Rochester, NY
- Responsible for capital raising, mergers & acquisitions, and investor relations. PAETEC was a middle market company that grew to a publicly traded Fortune 1000 competitive telecommunications provider that was sold to Windstream Communications for $2.3 Billion. During 2006-2012, PAETEC's EBITDA quadrupled from $100MM to $400MM.
- Negotiated, Closed and Funded over $2 Billion in Debt Capital through eight separate transactions
- $1.1 Billion total in senior secured bank debt
- $1.0 Billion total in senior secured bonds
- $600MM total in unsecured bonds
- $60MM headquarters New Markets Tax Credit financing in an economic redevelopment zone
- Consistently procured market leading qualitative and quantitative terms that outperformed PAETEC’s single B corporate credit rating
- M&A: oversaw 11 acquisitions and subsequent synergy goal achievement and integration: three acquisitions>$100MM, three acquisitions between $10MM and $100MM, and five acquisitions below $10MM
LEVERAGED LENDER EXPERIENCE
SVP & Team Leader: Communications/Media Division, Union Bank (‘93-’06) - Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for leveraged middle market/corporate new business opportunities while managing the integrity of an $800MM loan portfolio with over 30 borrowing clients primarily in Radio, Cable TV, Towers and Outdoor Advertising.
- Oversaw approval for new credit transactions at UB’s Senior Loan Committee
- Created UB’s Tower lending practice from inception to the leading tower lender in the U.S. with $200MM in outstandings after 4 years.
- Sourced and/or led over $8 Billion in new transactions
- Structured and participated in several Mezzanine Finance and Private Equity transactions as a principal
BOARD OF DIRECTOR EXPERIENCE
Liberman Broadcasting, Inc. (‘13-current) - Burbank, CA
LBI (of which Oaktree Capital Management owns 20%) is a Spanish language broadcaster with both radio and TV stations in Los Angeles, Dallas and Houston. LBI also produces over 50 hours of live programming each week through its Estrella TV network. In his capacity as an independent board member (Chair of Special Committee), Pete counsels management on debt capital issues and transaction opportunities (LBI has over $500MM in debt capital outstanding).
University of California, Davis - B. A. Economics 1992
Rochester (NY) Business Journal 40 under 40 Award 2009
Community (Orange County, CA):
Teaches High School Seniors at Costa Mesa High School’s Business Academy